Gansta Rap

Gansta Rap

In middle school, I used to play a lot of basketball. Everyday I come home from school at 2:35 , ride my bike to the court and play until 7:30. I live in the suburbs, but I still knew people who had owned guns, tried drugs and excessively vaped. They loved basketball, so I did care. I stopped hooping with them because they got me in trouble, and I'd rather focus on my studies instead of hanging around with them. Today, I discovered a rapper by the name of "Lil Loaded", he was in my recommended page on YouTube. In his song, 6locc 6a6y, it was highly repetitive, and had no chorus but I also remembered a memory on the court.

 Here's the court


While playing, a group of high schoolers came to play. They just so happened to need a 8th man for 4 on 4.  Nathan, the only other Asian in the group had a V shaped chin and had braces, so I called him sharkboy. Robbie, white curly haired kid, looked like T Jass so he was T Jass. They were cool, both guards, never hotheaded and probably the best of the group. On the opposite end of the spectrum were Luther and Yaamir. They were annoying , sucked at basketball, and talked about robbing people. Both were tall lanky dudes , one white one black. I heard their parents were crackheads ,but I took that with a grain of salt.  Usually, people would bring their speakers and play rap. I love rap, so I didn't mind.After a while of playing, a family came in with their 2 children strolled in. Usually, no one comes because of the people there, but I guess they didn't get the memo. The family was white and had blonde hair, and guess what the mom brought, a Louis V handbag, so the group assumed they were overly privileged. As soon as they heard the lyrics to "Mo Bamba" they turned towards us. 

"Could y'all change it to a clean version? We have kids." 
"Yeah sure, mam", Nathan agreed.
The family leaves.
"Y'all n* are not changing the song, this ones a banger" Luther jut in.
"Whatever man" Nathan leaves it."
After a minute, the family realizes nothing has changed so asks again,
"could you please change the channel?"
"I'm sorry Lady, I'm not changing it n*."
"Excuse me!!!! You boys think you come from the hood? I'll drive you there if you really want to see the hood? Cause I'll drive you there!?"
"Your f* weird man"
"This is public property, there are rules in place"
"N* please, where does it say we can't play music here?"
"I don't know! There are rules"
"F* those rules then"
"Wait until I get my husband!"
"Wait until I rob your b*a*" 
 He hadn't robbed a day in his life.

After a while, the wife comes back.
"Oh s* she brought her husband" Robbie told the group.
"I'm calling the cops if you don't change the music"
"No one f*ing cares"
The mother starts pulling out her phone and recording us.
"Excuse me mam, we have rights of privacy you know" I say.
"But your breaking the law"
"David, you don't have to be a nerd about it, but stop recording us" Robbie puts his hand over me.
The Father whispers to his wife and leaves.
Luther does the dumbest thing possible. 

One of the problems with outside basketball is the mud. After it rains, the nearby soil  and water makes mud. If the ball rolls out of bounds, the ball becomes a circular shaped brown.

Luther throws the ball right at her Louis V bag, and guess what, the wife was still recording!
"Luther you f* idiot!" Yaamir says.
"whatever I don't f* care"
"I'm calling the cops!" the husband yells.

And we all separate. I remember having to leave my bike there so I wouldn't get noticed.

In the end, choose the right friends and don't be an idiot.

 Lil Loaded


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drink Juice not Water

Lil Boat